Minutes of the 2nd Meeting and Workshop for the establishment of QEC and fulfillment of Quality Standards given By Higher Education Commission (HEC) Islamabad.
Meeting was conducted at Fatima Jinnah Dental College on 15th March, 2018.
The representative of QEC including Higher administration of Fatima Jinnah Dental College, namely
- Dr.Tasleem Hosein.(Principal of FJDC)
- Abubakar Sheikh (Manager/Director QEC)
- Faryal Abdullah (Coordinator on QEC)
- Dr.Babur Ashraf (Senior Faculty / Advisor on QEC Work)
- M.Zubair Khan (Statistician in QEC)
- Ateeq Taufeeq (from Administration)
- Muddasir Asghar (IT)
Mr. Jawaid Akram represented QEC from JSMU.
- The first Agenda of the meeting was to verify the documents collected for Phase I and II as required by HEC. Standard 2, 3 and 4 were verified and the few documents additionally needed were noted and will be included.
- Mudassir from the IT department assured that the evaluation performas will be uploaded by the next week. The faculty information is being updated on the website aswell. The Phase I and II were evaluated by four representatives of QEC, in which the Standard 2, 3 and 4 were evaluated and 27 points were scored out of 30. Standard 1 evaluation has been delayed ,as the CEO Dr. Baqar Askary had to travel out of the country on personal emergency.
- The documents for Standard 1 will be presented in the 3rd meeting on 29th March 2018.
- The second agenda of the meeting was to discuss Phase III and IV which includes Standard 5,7 and 8. Standard 5 needs documents regarding Infrastructure of the Institution, Library Capacity , Library Books, SOP’s. Mr Jawaid informed the IT department to contact Comstect regarding the development of E library resources of HEC. The IT department will contact them as soon as possible.
- The evidence of development of facilities t match the educational requirements will also be provided. Documents regarding safe learning environment will be provided as they are practiced every year
- The college was advised to include pictorial evidence of the IT lab which is being constantly upgraded and will be providing a research portal additionally with the library very soon.
- Evidence of curriculum development with JSMU will be provided as required.
- Standard 7 which is the Research component and community Service Projects was discussed and necessary documents will be attached.
- Standard 8 which requires Public Disclosure and Transparency will be provided as needful.
In the end a vote of thanks was given to all the participant of the meeting. The next meeting will be held on Thursday 29th March 2018.
Prof. Tasleem Hosein
Fatima Jinnah Dental College.
Mr. Javed Akram
Jinnah Sindh Medical University