Minutes of the 3rd Meeting and Workshop for the establishment of QEC and fulfillment of Quality Standards given By Higher Education Commission (HEC) Islamabad.
Meeting was conducted at Fatima Jinnah Dental College on 15th March, 2018.
The representative of QEC including Higher administration of Fatima Jinnah Dental College, namely
- Dr.Tasleem Hosein.(Principal of FJDC)
- Abubakar Sheikh (Manager/Director QEC)
- Faryal Abdullah (Coordinator on QEC)
- Dr.Babur Ashraf (Senior Faculty / Advisor on QEC Work)
- Ateeq Taufeeq (from Administration)
- Muddasir Asghar (IT)
Mr. Jawaid Akram represented QEC from JSMU.
- The first Agenda of the meeting was to verify the documents collected for Phase III and IV as required by HEC. Standard 2, 3 and 4 were verified and the few documents additionally needed were noted and will be included.
- The documents collected were verified, and additional documents needed were asked.
- The next agenda of the meeting was to discuss the Phases 5, 6 , 7 & 9.
- Phase 5 included infrastructure details, which were provided and verified through the PMDC documents.
- It was informed that the institution had contacted COMSTECH as suggested by Mr. Jawaid, but COMSTECH has referred us to HEC as they are provided access by HEC themselves.
- The IT Lab’s evidence was presented as it was a requirement in Standard 5 .
- The Medical Education Department’s details were discussed and were directed to include in the required documents.
- The discussion of Standard 6 included Organization’s Governance. The required documents will be provided.
- The discussion of Standard 7 included Research. The required aspects were discussed and evaluation was given.
- The Public Disclosure in Standard 8 were discussed and most of the aspects are covered and necessary documents were provided.
- Community Particapation with NGO’s is done on regular basis, which will be provided as pictorial evidences in the documentation
In the end, a vote of thanks to Mr. Jawaid Akram for taking out time and discuss everything in detail and for answering all queries.
The next meeting date requested was Friday 13th April , for which Mr Jawaid will confirm.
Prof. Tasleem Hosein
Fatima Jinnah Dental College